Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Easter Weekend

We went to Hendersonville to spend Easter weekend with my family.  My cousin, Tess, and her boyfriend, Michael, were also there visiting and it was so great to see them.  We couldn't remember exactly how many years it had been since I had seen Tess, but it is alot (maybe 13 years?!).  Hopefully we will not go that long without a visit again!  Over the weekend, we did lots of hiking.  The kids did great.  First we took a shorter hike at Dupont forest and then the next day we took a long (about 4 miles) hike up to John Rock near Brevard.  I couldn't believe that Beck, Isabella, and Amelia made it all the way up.  Lydia did a great job riding in the backpack carrier (or should I say that Christoph did a great job carrying Lydia up the mountain).  The view from the top was beautiful!  On Easter Sunday, we went to church with my parents and then had a nice Easter lunch at my parent's house.  Another one of my cousins, Kim, and her family came over for Easter lunch too so we had a crowd.  It was a really fun weekend and we were all sad to have to pack up and go home that afternoon.


On the hike at Dupont



On our way up to John Rock


On top of John Rock.  It was steep.  My mom and I were nervous nellies and kept telling everyone to sit down!


One of the many creeks we had to cross


Easter morning


Not the best family photo, but it was cold...that is my excuse.


Easter lunch - the kid's table (Amelia, Isabella, Linsey - my cousin's daughter, and Beck)


Easter Egg hunt after lunch
















No comments:

Post a Comment